Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pretty Deadly (Assessment)

1) After reading the first issue of Pretty Deadly I felt mostly confused. I really didn't know what was going on with the story or the premise of the comic. I didn't know if I was just not paying attention or if the comic needed to flesh out it self a bit more. It could be because there were poetic verses in the thought brackets and I misinterpreted it as being a literal description of what was happening in the story and as a result I lost track of what was being told/shown. I know that it's set in the Wild West, it's about a girl with two toned eyes and she has a blind man as her companion and there's possibly a man after her, then there is the man in the brothel who was shot for unknown reasons. I am intrigued in how it would all unfold, but for now I'm more frustrated after reading it than I am eager.

2) In the opener of the first issue it shows a flashback of a girl (possibly "Bunny") running through the fields as "Butterfly" asked her if she was afraid, in which she replied with yes before shooting a rabbit in the head. I feel like it was very symbolic (possibly meaning on that day she became a new person?) but either way it is effective in making a connection, at least with me. Even though I didn't understood the events well I still knew what the mood and the atmosphere was because of the excellent  art.

3) I would adapt this into live action movie possible make the metaphors more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment