Thursday, December 7, 2017

Oglaf

Oglaf is an adult webcomic created by Trudy Cooper and Doug Bayne. It's really raunchy and sometime can be grotesque at times and very weird. The universe Oglaf is set is very sex focused and centered around the absurdities of it's world. The strips are mostly episodic in nature but still maintaining continuity and plot lines with reoccurring characters like Oglaf and the Mistress. 
It's extremely funny with some unexpected punchline. Once in a while it would even parody tropes found in fantasy setting like in the strips like The Glamazon Ways, Dimorphism, or Oriel
I like the humor and the characters in it, even one shots that bearly has anything to do the main character I find amusing. 
I don't read much web comics mostly because in the past I would get invested in a web comic only for the creator discontinue. One of my favorite web comics was Hanna's not a Boy's Name. I found it funny, creative and compelling. However it stopped updating and slowed until it stopped. 
Oglaf on the other had continues to update regularly for years. It make it easier to track and keep my interests in the comic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment